Negative PCR Nasal Swab Test
What does it mean if your Nasal Swab test came back negative for COVID-19?
Persons with possible exposure, a NEGATIVE COVID-19 test and who have not had any symptoms:
- Self-monitor under the supervision of their employer’s occupational health program.
- Wear a face mask at all times while in the workplace for 14 days after last exposure.
- Maintain 6 feet and practice social distancing as work duties permit in the workplace.
- Retest if symptoms become present.
Persons who tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19 and have had symptoms and were directed to care for themselves at home may discontinue isolation under the following conditions:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications)
- AND improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath)
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared